Monday, February 16, 2009

Introduction

Hi Everybody;

It's great to meet you all!

I am really excited to be in Cyberpedagogy and especially looking forward to all the fun art making with digital technology. I graduated from the University of Wisconsin, Madison with my bachelors in '04. I'm taking four classes at SAIC and two prerequisite courses at Oakton this semester. I also work three jobs (out of necessity). So, yeah, I got my hands and (head) full, hence the delay with my introduction. Sorry. I just got a grip over my unruly schedule, at least I THINK I do!

I love to paint, mostly oil paintings, but I work with a wide range of media and tools, which often correlates with my state of mind. I love animals and often I put them in my paintings to make sure their silence is heard. I am an avid graphic designer and a creative junkie. I tend to make ceramic pieces on the spur of the moment, but with meticulous planning. In my free time right now (which is getting shorter by the day!), I am working toward collecting fragments of tangible things from my daily life to put together an art piece/pieces so it would be an anthology of snippets in visual form, a small peek into my life. I got the idea while I was in France earlier this year from an artist who created art pieces solely from found objects. It was fascinating. I also work at a middle school when I am not attending my classes and I absolutely adore young stimulant minds.

I was born to travel! There's nothing like the exhilarating thrill of traveling...well, besides painting and running! I just registered to participate in the Chicago marathon through the American Cancer Society Charity Runner team that's coming up in October. I'm looking forward to the inexplicable experience while supporting a great cause doing it.

So there's a mini bio about me. I hope to get to know you all a little better as the class progresses...

Cheers,
Hansa

1 comment:

  1. great intro. welcome to the blogosphere, hansa! and very cool bit about the marathon. i can't imagine taking on something like that, on top of all your classes and work commitments. you must be a master planner/organizer to keep on top of it all. i look forward to your contributions to the class.

    ReplyDelete